Are you ready to start your farm unit? I’ve got a round-up of the best books and activities that your students or kids are going to LOVE!
Any great farm unit is started with a bunch of amazing picture books! There are so many farm themed books out there, but I’ve narrowed my list down to my top six picks!
Junie B. Jones has a Peep in her Pocket is a wonderful read-aloud for younger students. Read few chapters a day for the complete duration of your farm unit! I love all of the Junie B. series, but this book is special. It encourages students to face their fears and that things aren’t always what we expect!
Here are my six MUST reads for your farm unit:
- Click Clack Moo – Cows that Type
- Duck on a Bike
- Junie B. Jones has a Peep in her Pocket
- The Cow who Clucked
- Giggle Giggle Quack
- Moo Moo Brown Cow
Now that you know what you want to read to your students, pick out your favorite farm themed activities. These 20 activities range from toddlers to elementary school aged students.
- ABC Creative Learning – Cow Paper Plate Mask
- The Crafting Chicks – Farm Animal Family Game
- Sunny Day Family – Printable Farm Scavenger Hunt
- A Dab of Glue Will Do – Farm CVC Words Cards
- Sight and Sound Reading – Farm Animal Worksheets
- The Kindergarten Connection – Graphing Farm Animals
- Simple Fun For Kids – Farm Animal Sensory Bin with Real Grass
- Life Over C’s – Farm Animals Counting and Sorting Sensory Bin
- Kids Activities Blog – Farm Animal Bowling Game
- Craftulate – Farm Animal Ring Toss
- Modern Preschool – Gross Motor Farm Game
- Mess For Less – Paper Plate Baby Farm Animals
- Mom Inspired Life – Farm Play Dough Activity
- 123 Homeschool 4 Me – Are You My Mother Farm Animal Game
- Mac n Taters – Milk the Cow Dramatic Play
- A Little Pinch of Perfect – Handprint Chick Craft
- Life Over C’s – DIY Farm Animal Game with Free Printable
- Gift of Curiosity – Farm Do-a-Dot Printables
- Simple Fun For Kids – Farm Animal Counting 1 – 10 Printable
- Kids Activities Blog – Foam Cup Craft – Make a Cow, Pig, and Chick
Enjoy your Farm unit and hope you and your students have a dandy time learning together!
P.S. This blog post contains affiliate links through Amazon. They throw a few pennies my way when you shop by clicking to help with maintenance of my website.